Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the best way to get wireless internet connection that can be used at home in Japan?

I am going to live in japan for three month this summer. I will be living in an monthly apt and they do not have internet connection. I have some online courses that I have to take during this time, and need internet. What is the best way to get wireless internet that can be used in my own apartment? If anyone have any experience or knowledge, please help me out! Thanks!!!What is the best way to get wireless internet connection that can be used at home in Japan?
I think Yahoo BB is a choice. That place connects it really quit and disconnects it quit when u want it disconnect. I dont know much places that has fast internet. I once rented a application that took about a minute to load a page. Sorry i couldnt give much selections.
You'd better drop into the nearest mass home appliances retail shop with the PC to ask the clerk any suitable wire LAN system for you. Your room location to be free from any wire obstacle should also be considerable.What is the best way to get wireless internet connection that can be used at home in Japan?
I don't think you can get Internet connection in your room. Some monthly apartments have wireless LAN in their lobby.

To submit local ISP, you need a bank account or valid credit card (many foreign CC are invalid in Japan).

I think you better change the apartment.
just go to electronic store and ask...What is the best way to get wireless internet connection that can be used at home in Japan?
Most monthly apts have their own internet service, for example Leo Palace offers "LeoNet" cable TV and internet. I would be wary of any place that offered no internet at all. You need permission from the landlord to install any kind of DSL, Cable, or Fiber service, and that's unlikely to be possible in a monthly apt anyway. Public WiFi hotspots are not so common here, so I wouldn't rely on that being a possibility either.



Anyway, if you will be in a major city, you can use eMobile's unlimited wireless plan, up to 7.2mbps for 5980yen/month. However, the coverage outside of major cities is not so good, and they have some limitations: high-bandwidth applications like P2P or heavy downloading is not allowed, and the connection will automatically shut down every 6hrs (even with activity), or after 10mins of no activity.



Softbank, Docomo, and au offer data card cellular services, but they don't have unlimited service so heavy use can quickly become VERY expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment