Saturday, March 10, 2012

What do I need to connect to the internet when away from home or public internet areas?

What do I need to have to connect to the internet when away from home of other places with wi-fi? Something like wi-fi in a pocket but where do I get it and like...how does it work? My internet service is ATT%26amp;T and I'm using linskey , any other info I might need?What do I need to connect to the internet when away from home or public internet areas?
You need to buy a USB dongle or portable hotspot from a cellular carrier.
i.e. the same companies that sell mobile/cell phones.
These use the 3G or 4G network to provide you with internet on your computer.

You should check the coverage for the area you are in or plan to visit because some carriers have better coverage than others.

If you have a smartphone you might be able to use that as a portable hotspot for your laptop without buying anything extra equipment-wise.

This is also one of the more expensive ways to connect to the web - but you have no other choice of that's what you want.What do I need to connect to the internet when away from home or public internet areas?
you can buy a portable hotspot that has a rechargeable battery and 4 hrs stand alone time

No comments:

Post a Comment