Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How can I disable specific Internet Explorer 6 add-ons and apply it to all users?

I need to disable specific internet explorer 6 add-ons because it is interfering with a web application that we have where we work. The issue I need to disable those specific add-ons and apply it to all users that log on to their workstation. I am trying to use Group Policy but what I have found in searching the internet is that I have to look for AppID and use it in the Group Policy. Is there another way around it? Thank you in Advance.How can I disable specific Internet Explorer 6 add-ons and apply it to all users?
Internet Explorer 6 is 10 years old, outdated, and extremely unsafe. No company in 2010 should still be using this crap. There is no answer for this. Move on to IE 8 or wait for 9 which will be even better. In the mean time, use Firefox or Google Chrome until you can upgrade. If your IT department refuses to do this, you need a new IT department.

No comments:

Post a Comment